Branan Legal Managing Partner
Maxim has been specializing in corporate and civil law since 1999 and has the unique experience in legal support of mergers and acquisitions, restructuring of majour holdings and state-owned company, in elaboration of amendments to corporate and civil legislation. Maxim is the member of the expert councils in the Central Bank of the Russian Federation and in the Federal Agency for State Property Management. Maxim is recommended by the international rating agencies Chambers Europe and Legal 500 in the Corporate and M&A practice area.Before setting up Branan Legal, Maxim worked in RUSNANO (member of the investment committee at the Management Board, Deputy Head of the Corporate Management Department) and in RAO UES of Russia (Head of the Office for Reform Designing and Monitoring).
Chosen project experience:
- Overall management of the corporate governance issues in integration of TNK-BP companies acquired by Rosneft Oil Company;
- Development of the legal model and participation in the project on reorganization of RAO “UES of Russia”;
- Support as a project manager of reorganization of Rusnanotech State Corporation into RUSNANO;
- Complex management of the legal support on the deal structuring for the Industrial Park “Sarov“ (AFK “ Sistema”, Rosatom, Rusnano);
- Integrated management of the legal support on the “Independent Energy Company of Krasnodar Territory” (JSC “NESK”) reorganization in the form of both separation and merger;
- Development of the share placement scheme for the generating companies (OGK/TGK);
- Support of due diligence and structuring of innovative projects, financed in partnership with RUSNANO.