Partner, Head of Corporate Practice
Julia Nenasheva heads Branan Legal Corporate Practice. Julia has been practicing law for more than 15 years, of which 9 years she worked in senior positions in large Russian companies. Julia has extensive experience in the corporate law and management, she is a recognized expert in legal support to issues of securities, preparation and implementation of reorganizations, and corporate audits.
The leading international rating The Legal 500 recommended her in the area of «Corporate law and mergers and acquisitions».
Selected project experience:
- Elaboration of allotment shares schemes and maintenance issues of stocks and bonds in more than 300 companies, including: RUSNANO group of companies, Rosatom group of companies, Lanit Holding, TFG InterResurs, Russian Sugar, MegaFon, Kamchatka gaz enegertic holding, and others;
- Support on the listing procedures, state registration of the listing prospectus and disclosure procedures of Rosgosstrakh;
- Supporting corporate integration of Rosneft and TNK-BP, the Russian largest M&A deal;
- Legal support and structuring transactions within frameworks of projects of the Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs of RUSNANO;
- Elaboration and implementation guidelines on corporate governance of space services centres for REKOD;
- Legal support on the corporate management system in Rosseti;
- Elaboration and implementation of Standards of corporate behavior of Moscow City as a shareholder (on the request of Moscow Property Department)
Julia is a member of the Branan Legal «playing coaches» team, since 2002 she has been speaking at seminars, conferences and round tables on various issues of corporate law, including: issues of securities, formation and operation of management bodies, approval of related-party transactions and major transactions, disclosures, etc.
As a guest lecturer, Julia regularly speaks at the law faculties of the country’s leading universities – Moscow State University and Moscow State Law Academy.
Over the previous 2 years, Julia has spoken at more than 20 events, including: a seminar on corporate law for corporate lawyers of RusHydro, a seminar on corporate law for corporate lawyers of Rosatom, a seminar on the approval of major transactions and transactions in which there is interest, seminars on the issue of shares in accordance with the new Issue Standards, etc.
Julia is a co-author of the following books: «Practical commentary on the new version of the Federal Law «On Joint Stock Companies», books of the «Corporate Law in Questions and Answers» series in 4 parts, as well as «Conflict Situations. 105 Questions and Answers on Company Law», author of numerous articles on corporate law and management in the journals «Joint Stock Bulletin» and «Journal for Shareholders».